TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions govern the Volkswagen ‘What could be as thrilling’ Competition ("the Competition").
2. By entering the Competition you agree to participate subject to the terms and conditions below.
3. In addition, your access to any website or application required for participation will be subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the respective service providers.
4. Volkswagen of South Africa (Pty) Limited (“VWSA”) shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your participation in the Competition, including but not limited to that arising from technical malfunction of any communication network, any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupt Competition entry or participant error.
5. The Competition commences on 10 February 2014 and closes on 20 February 2014.
6. The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa residing in South Africa, who are 18 years or older, possess a valid driving licence and a valid passport. The driver’s licence and passport should not be due to expire before 19 March 2014. The competition is not open to members, partners, directors, employees, agents or consultants of VWSA or its affiliated companies, agencies, service providers, contractors and members of their immediate or extended family.
7. Only individuals may enter the Competition.
8. To enter the Competition, participants are required to make their own video from pre-existing video content and submit their finished video in the manner specified by VWSA.
9. To create the video, participants are directed to a microsite through online banners, Facebook engagement advertisements and the VW Facebook and Twitter handle, YouTube pre-rolls and social shares.
10. Once on the microsite, the participant is prompted to select a driver and the background on which the driver will appear. Options include but are not limited to: freefalling in front of a volcano, sitting on a rocket and standing on the edge of a cliff.
11. Once selected, the participant has the option to include another element to the video. Options include but are not limited to fighting ninjas and playing the electric guitar etc.
12. Once the participant completes the video compilation, he/she will be directed to an entry form.
13. On the entry form page, the participant has the option to share the video on Facebook or Twitter and/or submit the video for entry to the competition.
14. In order to submit the video for entry, the participant must accept that he/she is at least 18 years old, has a valid driver’s licence and valid passport. The participant should be available to travel between 14 March and 17 March 2014.
15. The participant must also submit his/her name, cell number and e-mail address and accept these Terms and Conditions.
16. The prize is a return trip to Sweden’s Lapland for the winner and his/her companion, departing on 14 March and returning on 17 March 2014. The prize includes flights, accommodation, meals, and entrance to the Ice Adventure .VWSA shall be entitled but not obliged to specify the service providers and suppliers of all items comprising the prize.
17. The winner and his/her companion must be at least 18 years old, have a valid passport not expiring before 19 March 2014 and be available to travel abroad from 14 March – 17 March 2014.
18. The prize is neither transferable nor negotiable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash unless VWSA agrees otherwise in writing.
19. As the Ice Adventure is in Sweden, the winner and winner’s companion will require visas.
20. Provided that the winner and winner’s companion have submitted their visa applications by the deadline specified by VWSA, if the winner and the winner’s companion are unable obtain visas in time to participate in the Ice Adventure, VWSA may, in its discretion, provide the winner with a similar alternative driving experience.
21. VWSA will cover the cost of the visa for the winner and winner’s companion.
22. All necessary travel expenses incurred by winner and the winner’s companion to obtain the visa to Sweden will be covered by VWSA, provided that VWSA has approved the specific costs in writing prior to the winner and the winner’s companion incurring the costs.
23. Images used in the Competition Promotional material are not necessarily reflective of the available prizes.
24. The winner will be selected by random draw
25. The winner will be notified by telephone and e-mail.
26. In the event of the initial winner being unavailable or not contactable within a period of 48 hours from selection of the winner; the next valid entry drawn will receive the prize.
27. If, for any reason whatsoever, the winner is unable to travel on 14 March 2014, VWSA reserves the right to award the prize to the next valid entry.
28. If, for any reason whatsoever, the winner’s companion is unable to travel, the winner shall have the choice to either travel alone or forfeit the prize. VWSA shall not be required to defer the prize or compensate the winner in such instance.
29. VWSA shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the companion accompanying the winner. By entering the Competition, you agree to highlight this provision to the companion accompanying you should you win the prize.
30. Winners will be requested but will be under no obligation to consent to their names and photographs being used by VWSA for promotional purposes relating to the Competition.
31. The Competition judges’ decisions shall be final and not subject to any appeal or review. No correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
32. If VWSA is legally required to alter any aspect of the Competition or to terminate the Competition, VWSA will have the right to do so without prior notice. VWSA, its service providers, suppliers and Competition sponsors shall not be liable for such alteration or cancellation.
33. Unless you consent otherwise, neither VWSA nor any of the Competition organisers or sponsors will use the personal information you give us for any purpose other than facilitation of the Competition or compliance with applicable legislation.
34. It shall be a pre-requisite for the winner to provide VWSA with confirmation of his/her identity upon collection or delivery of the prize.
5. Announcement of a winner does not amount to compliance with the Competition Terms and Conditions. VWSA reserves the right to disqualify any participant who breaches any of the Competition Terms and Conditions, or engages in any unlawful or dishonest conduct in relation to the Competition. In this regard VWSA shall be entitled to recover any loss or damage from the responsible party arising from such conduct.
36. These Terms and Conditions are available on www.facebook.com/vwsa.